Sunday, June 17, 2007

Why I'm Here

Lately, there have been challenges issued to lawmakers to grocery shop with the same amount of money issued in food stamps to needy familes. The idea is to make lawmakers aware of what food budgets the poor have to work with. Many news stories bemoan the fact that food stamps pay for so little.

Yet I keep thinking, "I'd LOVE to have that sort of food budget."

You see, according to family size, I could qualify for $610 a month in my area. But I spend $300 a month to feed six.

This is not an attack on the food stamps program. There are many families that would not be able to eat if it weren't for the program. However, anyone, and I mean ANYONE can cut their grocery bill. And clothing bill. And entertainment bill. And. . you get the idea.

It takes work. And a learning curve.

But if you're willing to read on, I'm willing to share all my hints and tips that I've learned over the years.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

cjknick said...

I'm game! I need as much help as I can get. Can't wait to see what you post. I'm off to eBay to see if I can find the tightwad gazette!

Mom of 3 said...

Great idea for a blog! I can't wait to see what you post.